Spray Foam Insulation in Maryland
Insulation Installers in Maryland
The hype about spray foam insulation is real. It’s the best insulation for the money, especially in homes that currently have high heating and cooling bills. Spray foam increases comfort levels and saves energy by sealing up walls, attics, and basements more effectively and permanently than fiberglass or denim insulation. The expert contractors at Potomac View Energy install spray foam insulation throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia.
How Long Does It Take to Install Spray Foam Insulation?
The amount of time needed to install spray foam insulation will depend on site- and project-specific factors, like:
- The size of the area or space being insulated
- How accessible that space is
- Temperatures and humidity levels in the space
Please note that:
- Installing spray foam insulation is one part of the process: Before the installation can begin, we’ll need time to set up the space safely. Then, after the product has been applied, additional time will be needed so that the product can cure and we can safely clean up the space.
- You, your family, and your pets will need to leave during the installation: As spray foam insulation is applied, it can emit odors and particles that are risky to inhale. While the installation team will wear safety masks and gear to avoid inhaling these odors and particles, it’s safest for you, your family, and your pets to stay out of the home until the installation is complete.
How Long Does Spray Foam Insulation Last?
Once installed, spray foam insulation is highly durable. Not only does it resist decomposition, but it also holds up well to settling and structural deterioration over the years. In many cases, spray foam insulation can last as long as home or building itself.
Where Can Spray Foam Insulation Be Used?
Spray foam insulation is as versatile as it durable, and it can be applied to nearly any interior area of your home, including in or around:
Is Spray Foam Installation a Good Investment?
Yes, installing spray foam insulation in your home is a good investment because it:
- Requires little to no maintenance
- Will last for decades when properly installed
- Reduce air leaks and heat transfer, which can make your home more comfortable while reducing your energy use and your monthly energy bills