Double-Pane Window Replacement in Maryland
Top-Rated Custom Windows With Double-Pane Glass
Older homes are beautiful in the Potomac, Maryland, area. However, many still have single-pane windows that often leak and are drafty. Single-pane windows typically cause higher energy bills and uncomfortable temperatures in your home. But, there’s a solution!
Did you know replacing your old windows with double-pane windows can help reduce air leaks and drafts? Double-pane windows promote more comfortable home temperatures, lower energy bills, and more.
Stay comfortable indoors with new double-pane windows from Potomac View Energy.
Call Potomac View Energy at 410-795-3110 or contact us online for your free quote for double-pane windows.
Benefits of Installing Double-Pane Windows
Double-pane windows, sometimes known as “insulated glazing windows,” have two sheets of glass with a clear gas in between. This extra layer provides many benefits for you, your Maryland home, and your energy bill, including:
- Reduced noise pollution: Maryland homes, including those in the Potomac, Bethesda, and Sykesville areas, can often have high noise pollution due to traffic, landscaping equipment, and neighbors. Double-pane windows provide an extra layer of insulation so you can enjoy more peace and quiet.
- Money savings: With an extra layer of insulation, comfortable air in your home will stay inside rather than escaping through cracks. Drafty single-pane windows may result in your heater or AC running more than it needs to, causing higher energy bills. Installing double-pane windows from Potomac View Energy can decrease your summer AC bill by up to 18% and your winter heating bill by up to 24%.
- Environmental impacts: Reducing energy use shrinks costs and helps the environment. The less fuel you use to keep your home at the proper temperature, the lower your carbon footprint is. Small steps like replacing your windows can make a big difference in the long run.
- Reduce UV rays: Double-paned or triple-paned windows protect against harmful UV rays. This is safer for you, your family, and your pets.
- Fewer worries: Old single-pane windows are often easy to break. Even a small stone thrown at an old window can easily shatter the glass. Double-pane windows are harder to shatter since they aren’t made of 100% glass and have two layers with gas in between. With double-pane windows, you can worry less about windows getting broken.
Call 410-795-3110 or contact us to get a free, no-obligation estimate for double-pane windows for your Maryland home.
Double-Pane Window Installation Process
Each double-pane window installation is unique based on the window size needed and what your current windows are; however, installing new windows with Potomac View Energy is easy.
First, we’ll examine your current windows and decide if your frame can be reused. Then, according to your current conditions, we’ll precisely measure and install the custom frame and windows with the highest quality materials.
Call Potomac View Energy at 410-795-3110 or contact us online for your free quote or to schedule window installation for your Maryland home.
Window Styles That Can Have Double-Pane Glass
Potomac View Energy offers high-quality replacement windows in a wide variety of styles, each of which is available with premium models featuring additional panes of glass for strength and insulation:
Call 410-795-3110 and speak with Potomac View Energy today to learn more about our window styles.
Which Size Window Pane Is Right for Me?
When comparing windows with different numbers of panes, more panes are always better in terms of strength and insulation. A double-pane window offers substantial insulation benefits over a single-pane window, while a triple-pane window offers better performance and durability.
Homes are typically built to support double-pane windows. Triple-pane windows are larger and may require adjustments for installation. Proper installation is crucial to ensure the new windows’ seal, fit, and function.
Double-pane windows will reflect approximately 90% of energy, whereas triple panes reflect an average of 97%. Triple-pane windows are the superior choice for insulation and energy savings.
The thicker the window, the more resistant it is to an intruder and harsh weather conditions. Triple-pane windows have three layers of protection to break through. A single-pane window offers only one layer of protection. A double-pane window is secure with its two sheets of glass.
Double-pane windows offer greater noise reduction than single-pane. The sound transmission class of a double-pane window is 26–32, offering sufficient noise reduction for your home. Triple-pane windows offer similar noise reduction to double-pane windows.
Choosing the right windows for your home depends on your home structure, budget, and efficiency goals.
Discuss your window installation project with our experts. Contact us at 410-795-3110 today.