Custom Window Installation & Replacement in Maryland and Pennsylvania
Older homes are beautiful here in the Potomac, Maryland area. However, many of these homes still have single pane windows that often leak and are drafty. Single-pane windows often result in higher energy bills and uncomfortable temperatures inside your home. But, there’s a solution! Did you know replacing your old windows with double-pane windows can help reduce air leaks and drafts? Double-pane windows promote more comfortable home temperatures, lower energy bills, and more.
Stay comfortable indoors with new double-pane windows from Potomac View Energy!
Benefits of Double-Pane Windows
Double-pane windows, sometimes known as “insulated glazing windows,” are windows with two sheets of glass with a clear gas in between. This extra layer serves many benefits for you, your Maryland home, and your energy bill, including:
- Reduced Noise Pollution – Maryland homes, including those in the Potomac, Bethesda, and Sykesville areas, can often experience high noise pollution due to traffic, landscaping equipment, and neighbors enjoying the outdoors. Double-pane windows provide an extra layer of insulation, which will provide you with peace and quiet to get the rest you need.
- Money Savings – With an extra layer of insulation, comfortable air in your home will stay inside rather than escape through cracks. Drafty single-pane windows may result in your heater or air conditioner running more than it needs to, causing higher energy bills. Installing double-pane windows from Potomac View Energy can decrease your summer air conditioning bill up to 18 percent and your winter heating bill up to 24 percent!
- Environmental Impacts – Reducing energy use not only shrinks costs, but it also helps the environment. The less fuel you use to keep your home at the proper temperature, the lower your carbon footprint is. Small steps like replacing your windows can make a big difference in the long run.
- Reduce UV Rays – Thick windows, such as double-paned or triple-paned windows offer protection against harmful UV rays. This protection is safer for you, your family, and your pets!
- Less Worries – Old single-pane windows are often easy to break. Even a small stone getting thrown at an old window can easily shatter the glass. Double-pane windows are harder to shatter since they are not made of 100 percent glass and have two layers with a gas in between. With double-pane windows, you can worry less about windows getting accidentally broken as well as break-ins.
Double-Pane Window Installation Process
Each double-pane window installation is unique based on the size of windows needed and what your current windows are; however, installing new windows with Potomac View Energy is easy! First we will examine your current windows and decide if your frame can be reused. Then, according to your current conditions, we will precisely measure and install the custom frame and windows with the highest quality materials.