ENERGY STAR® Rated Replacement Doors in Frederick, MD
Energy Efficient Doors Installed Throughout Maryland
ENERGY STAR® qualified windows, doors, and skylights can reduce your energy bills up to 15 percent (while also protecting the environment). So if you’re looking to upgrade from your drafty old front door to a new, energy-efficient model, Potomac View Energy is ready to help.
We sell and install ENERGY STAR qualified doors all throughout Maryland, including Carroll County, Howard County, and Montgomery County. Our doors are designed to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter—all while increasing your home’s curb appeal.
We pride ourselves on being your go-to window and door installer throughout Maryland, including:
- Anne Arundel County, MD
- Carroll County, MD
- Frederick County, MD
- Howard County, MD
- Montgomery County, MD
- Washington County, MD
- Loudoun County, VA
ENERGY STAR Door Criteria
Potomac View Energy sells and installs custom-made steel entry doors, sliding glass patio doors, fiberglass doors, and exterior French doors. Our doors are built to the highest quality standards and energy efficiency standards—many of them meeting the following requirements for ENERGY STAR qualification in Maryland (performance criteria differ depending on the climate zone):
- Doors with an opaque glazing level must have a U-Factor (which rates how well the door insulates) of less than or equal to 0.17.
- Doors with a less than or equal to ½-lite glazing level must have a maximum U-Factor of 0.25 and a maximum SHGC2 rating (which rates how well the product blocks heat from the sun) of 0.25.
- Doors with a glazing level greater than ½-lite must have a maximum U-Factor of 0.30 and a maximum SHGC2 rating of 0.40.
- Sliding doors should have an air leakage rating of less than or equal to 0.3 cfm/ft2.
- Swinging doors should have an air leakage rating of less than or equal to 0.5 cfm/ft2.
Advantages of Installing ENERGY STAR Qualified Doors
Maryland homeowners reap many benefits by installing ENERGY STAR qualified doors to replace their older doors, including:
- Money savings – their energy efficiency can help lower energy bills you see each month
- Increased comfort – no more cold drafts in the winter or hot patches in the summer
- Protection of your valuables – these doors reduce UV sun damage to floors, carpets, and furniture
- Certified performance – these products are certified and verified to perform as labeled
Our ENERGY STAR Qualified Doors
Older doors typically lack sufficient sealing, or have sealing that has worn away, leaving unguarded spaces for cold air to come in and warm air to leak out. So if you’re looking to replace your current door, look no further than our line of custom-made energy-efficient doors.
At Potomac View Energy, our doors are made with the finest materials to offer an unbeatable combination of energy efficiency, security, and style. We sell and install the following types of custom made, ENERGY STAR doors in Maryland:
- Steel entry doors – Our steel doors are fully customizable and can be manufactured to mimic the aesthetics of other materials, like wood. Steel doors are also extremely energy efficient and can be manufactured with thermal barriers and interior foam for maximum energy efficiency.
- Sliding doors – Our sliding glass doors are elegant, durable, and energy efficient. Not only will they open up the entranceway to your patio or deck, but with our special formula PVC door frames, they will also save you money on your energy bill.
- Exterior French doors – Our French doors are custom-built to your preferences and tastes in sliding French door or double French door styles with both vinyl and wood frame options as well as clear or opaque glass window options of various sizes.
- Patio doors – Our doors are made from high-quality, special formula PVC with UV-resistant glass. They come standard with two panes of glass, but can be upgraded to three for maximum energy efficiency. With an R-Value (the measure of thermal resistance in insulation) of up to nine, our doors have one of the highest energy efficiency ratings in the industry. Also, with our sturdy frames with fusion-welded sash panels, our patio doors will keep drafts and noise outside.
- Fiberglass doors – Do you love the look of wood doors but want something more durable and energy-efficient? Consider custom-built fiberglass entry doors from Potomac View Energy. These doors insulate nearly five times better than wood and are durable in all types of weather; they will not warp, rot, split, or crack.