Sliding Window Installation in Potomac, MD and Northern Virginia
The old windows in your Maryland home impact your day-to-day life more than you may realize. For starters, rickety windows leak heat and humidity inside during the summer, while they let heated air escape in the winter. Then, if your windows are painted shut, difficult to open, or have condensation between the panes, they may prevent you from ventilating your home or enjoying the view. These are all valid reasons to replace your windows!
Sliding windows open horizontally with minimal effort. Usually, sliding windows have two sashes—one that slides from left to right, and one that remains stationary. These windows typically have a horizontal orientation, providing grand views of the landscape, but you can customize the dimensions to meet your needs.
If you’re considering a sliding window installation in Hagerstown, Columbia, Rockville, Frederick, or Northern Virginia, we’d love to be your installer.
Ready to learn more? Get a free, no-obligation estimate from Potomac View Energy by calling 410-795-3110 today.
When to Choose Sliding Windows
With so many styles to choose from, how do you know if sliding windows are right for your home? Here are some instances when sliders work best:
- Horizontally oriented spaces: Look at the wall where you want to install a window and imagine hanging a picture there. Based on the layout, would you orient the picture as a portrait or landscape? If the wall is longer horizontally than it is vertically, a landscape orientation will look better. Therefore, a sliding window could be ideal here.
- Hard-to-reach spaces: Because they tend to be easier to open than double-hung windows, sliders are well-suited for behind countertops and above bathtubs. All it takes is a gentle nudge to slide these windows open.
- Anywhere you want a view or ventilation: Sliders are popular choices in every room of the house, from communal spaces like the kitchen, dining room, and living room to private areas such as bedrooms and bathrooms.
For more help deciding if sliding windows are right for your Maryland or Northern Virginia home, please give us a call at 410-795-3110.
Benefits of Sliding Windows
All window styles have their merits. Here are the top reasons to invest in sliding window installation:
- Great views: Sliding windows have some of the largest profiles of any operable window. This grants wider vistas of the outside and lets more natural light pour in.
- Excellent ventilation: Larger windows open wider to let more fresh air circulate into your home when you need it.
- Ease of use: High-quality sliding windows can be opened with one hand. As long as they are professionally installed, the windows should remain easy to operate for years to come.
- Low maintenance: Expect seamless operation from your sliding windows with minimal maintenance required. The operable sash can also be lifted out of its frame for easy cleaning when necessary.
- Versatility: Sliding windows pair with any architectural style, from modern to traditional and everything in between.
To learn more about how sliding windows can benefit your home, please contact Potomac View Energy.
Schedule Sliding Window Installation in Maryland or Northern Virginia
At Potomac View Energy, we are proud to help our customers achieve better home comfort, lower energy bills, and increased home resale value by installing high-quality, energy-efficient windows in various styles. If you’re interested in enjoying the benefits of sliding windows in your Potomac home, we would be happy to share more information with you.
Contact us today at 410-795-3110 to request a free window installation quote in Hagerstown, Columbia, Rockville, Frederick, and Northern Virginia.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest