Moving House? What To Do About Your Solar Heating Equipment?
Green Living is more than a fad; it is a necessity to ensure that we are able to create a better world for our future, and things like relocation and household shifting should not come in the way of your choice to reduce your carbon footprint.
Using solar equipment is one of the key aspects of green living. There’s no reason to leave behind your solar heating equipment when you are relocating, unless of course you’d rather upgrade to a new one.
Relocating solar heating equipment:
Before you make a decision about taking your existing solar equipment to your new home, it would be a good idea to weigh the pros and cons of your choice.
- Reduces effort because you don’t have to buy meters, wires, panels, converters, conductors, batteries etc – solar heating comes with a plethora of wires and other support systems and all of this can be packed and moved thus saving you the cost of buying the same.
- You’ll save on money if you choose to pack and move your existing solar equipment, instead of investing in a new one.
- Like every other technology, solar heating equipment also goes through wear and tear and by choosing to relocate old equipment you may be running the risk of moving outdated equipment.
- Your new location may have better and more effective solar heating equipment so it would be worth exploring this option before relocating.
Buying new solar equipment
To buy new or to recycle – this has always been the question at the heart of green living. If you decide to buy new equipment, you should be prepared to spend a little money. However, your new solar equipment will come packed with the following advantages:
- Old solar panels may be outdated in their technology and may result in power inefficiencies. When you buy new equipment, you can not only upgrade to the latest technology in the market but also enjoy better performance levels.
- Your existing solar equipment may not be a good fit for your new home, buying new equipment suited to your new space and living needs may be a better idea in such a scenario.
Moving with solar heating equipment needs to be done carefully. Depending on the kind of system you have, you will need shock proof packing systems. It is good idea to call in an expert who can “uninstall” all the equipment, the panels and the wires and pack them up neatly. It would be useful for you to be a part of this process and label all the parts and wires as they are unpacked so when you have to re-install the system, you will know about the parts of the system as well.
Buying new equipment is all about understanding your requirements. It is good to go with a tried and tested product and install the best possible system. Before buying the equipment get complete details on costs – installation and maintenance, zoning laws in your new home, power savings and operations.
Vani Chugh Kabra works as a Digital marketing consultant for RelocateXP, an online mover and packer agency that connects vendors to customers and makes relocation simpler for everyone!