What Is Insulated Siding?
What improves your home’s curb appeal while increasing energy efficiency at the same time? The answer is insulated vinyl siding. But just what is insulated siding? How is it better than hollow vinyl siding?
Insulated vinyl was first introduced in 1997. Unlike hollow vinyl, which has empty space behind the façade, insulated vinyl is reinforced with a 1.5-inch laminated foam-core backing. This secure, interlocking panel design gives the vinyl a stronger structure, more uniform appearance and tighter fit. Plus, insulated siding provides a higher R-value, or resistance to heat flow, which effectively acts as a thermal blanket wrapped around your entire home.
Benefits of Insulated Siding
What makes insulated vinyl siding so appealing? Is it really that much better than other home cladding options? Consider the many benefits of choosing this efficient siding material:
- Withstands 175 mile-per-hour winds with no rattling or tearing
- Insulates 40 percent better than hollow vinyl
- Doesn’t warp
- Holds up against impacts, such as being hit by hail or a baseball
- Reduces outside noise
- Features a foundation locking system for clean, crisp lines without nailing or unsightly caulking
- Is easy to clean, needing nothing more than a quick occasional rinse from the garden hose
- Never requires re-painting
- Costs less than other siding materials such as brick, wood, cement or metal
- Comes in a wide variety of beautiful, rustic colors
- Features a lifetime transferable warranty
Insulated Siding Installation in Maryland
At Potomac View Energy, we sell and install insulated vinyl siding by Prodigy. We chose to partner up with this brand because we have found Prodigy’s siding to have the highest durability, insulating properties and performance of any other brand on the market. For example, Prodigy siding boasts an R-value of 3.5, one of the highest ratings in the industry for better home energy efficiency.
One of the most important elements of installing insulated vinyl siding is relying on a professional to get the job done right. Vinyl is a very forgiving home cladding material, but the rigid backing makes it more difficult for amateur installers to get it right.
That’s why you should trust Potomac View Energy. In addition to our installers being knowledgeable, friendly and professional, they are also factory-trained and certified by the Vinyl Siding Institute (VSI).
When you decide you’re ready to install insulated vinyl siding in Maryland, contact Potomac View Energy today to schedule a free estimate.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest