Double-Pane Window Installers in Baltimore, MD
Energy-Saving Double-Pane Windows: Made in Maryland
Are you considering double-pane windows for your Maryland home? Installing these advanced-tech windows is a smart way to decrease your energy use and keep your home warmer during the chilly months.
Contact Potomac View Energy for a free, in-home double-pane windows estimate.
How Do Double-Pane Windows Work?
In double- or dual-pane windows, two glass panes, separated by an insulating air pocket (or a layer of gas), are set in the frame. That middle insulated layer, along with optional coated or low-e glass, is what keeps the heat in and the cold out—and vice-versa during the warmer months.
Both double-pane windows and vinyl are low-conduction materials, meaning that they significantly reduce the amount of cold that transfers through them. This combination makes our double-pane, vinyl windows highly efficient!
Benefits of Double-Pane Windows
- They are energy-efficient. Heat escaping from windows can account for about 10-25 percent of your heating bill. You can significantly decrease the amount of heat leaving your home, and lower your utility bills, by installing double-pane windows.
- They reduce noise coming into your home.
- They enhance the comfort of your home. You can sit near your double-pane windows comfortably, even in the winter!
In addition, you can expect to recoup up to 71 percent of the cost of installing vinyl replacement double-pane windows if or when you sell your Maryland home.
Features of Potomac View Energy’s Double-Pane Windows
Our insulated-glass windows, manufactured right here in Maryland, have several features that distinguish them from other brands.
- Standard 7/8” or ¾” (depending on model) insulated glass unit (IGU) thickness
- High-performance low-e glass
- Superior warm edge spacer system option – helps reduce heat transfer by insulating the glass and frame up to 90 percent better than other spacer systems
- Constant force balance system – keeps window operation smooth and easy
- Cam-type lock and keeper – provides a weather-tight seal
- ENERGY-STAR® qualification
To learn more about the advantages of our double-pane windows, give us a call at 410-795-3110.
Insulated Windows and Condensation
Worried about condensation fogging up the inside of your double-pane windows? Condensation on insulated windows is usually caused by improper installation and poor quality. At Potomac View Energy, our experienced service techs install our high-performance, well-made windows right. And if there ever is a problem, of any kind, the lifetime warranty on our vinyl windows means we’ll take care of it right away.
How Much Do Double-Pane Windows Cost?
While it’s true that double-pane windows will run you more than standard, single-pane windows, they provide a much higher return on investment (ROI). Most sources estimate that insulated windows pay for themselves via energy bill savings in just a few years. And remember, as we mentioned above, improper installation and poor quality often result in low-performing windows that cause problems—giving you a very low ROI!
When you purchase double-pane windows from Potomac View Energy for your Maryland home, you get high-quality, high-performance, energy-efficient products and professional installation, along with a lifetime warranty.
Call Potomac View Energy for Insulated Windows in Maryland
When you’re ready to make your home more comfortable and energy-efficient, contact us!Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest